Monday, May 16, 2011

Faith

Most of my blog posts this year have been about finding yourself and becoming who you want to be. In this last post I want to talk about my one little word.

When we were asked to choose a word that we would focus on for the rest of the year I had a difficult time at first. There wasn't a single word that I felt was worthy enough, but after sitting and contemplating for a while something came to me-Faith.

The most common interpretation of the word faith is "belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion," but in my context faith meant having confidence and trust in my future. At the time, most of us seniors had just applied to colleges and were waiting for acceptance letters in the mail so faith seemed like the perfect fit.


Looking back at my experience, faith is what kept me sane during that time of anticipation and excitement. Now, faith is more than a little word to me; faith is what keeps me grounded.

-Lauren B.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I love how you redifine the word faith to mean something personal for you. I also like how youre OLW assignment as evolved and become engrained in you, because it has done the same thing for me. I know that you will go far in life my dear.
    -Keana

    ReplyDelete
  2. this reminds me of that George Michael song, but in a good way. It's important to have faith. It's one of the driving factors of our religiously charged conservative society.

    ReplyDelete