Friday, January 21, 2011
Senior Year
All throughout high school, I have waited for my senior year. No more worrying about grades, no more giant projects, and no homework to deal with. On top of all the work that I do not have, I get to leave school at 12:20 every day which is very nice. I don't know how in our last year of high school, people are still stressing about getting worked turned in, college apps, and a number of things I have heard people complaining about. I guess I have just been really lucky to get the schedule and easy workload I have right now. Getting out at 12 every day allows me to work more hours and make more money than anyone of my friends that work. I realize that senior year doesn't mean the end of work forever, but it is still nice to finally get a break and be able relax more often instead of wondering whether I was going to do my homework every day. Senior year has definitely been one of the best years of my life and it is going to be great to look back on when I head back to school and start working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm not sure who wrote this post -- try to remember to include your first name.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are appreciating this time and that you are happy with your choices. That is one of the things we should be considering when we try to determine the person we want to be -- how much work? how much play? what are the outcomes likely to be of the choices that I make? These answers will be different for everyone, but as we see in novels like Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Frankenstein, a balance between work and rest is likely to produce the most contentment.
I too have been waiting for this year to finally approach, to graduate, go to college, and move on in life!..but your saying that nothing is left to do this year and it doesn't matter, though colleges still like to see good grades and achievements for seniors, so its better to still focus on school, but at the same time work outside school to make some money and get ready for the future.
ReplyDelete-Danny D.
As time goes by this year, I constantly look back on my high school life and I'm still surprised that I'm finally a senior. When this school year started, I thought it would be the easiest year and that it would go by in a breeze, but it actually feels like the hardest and the slowest year. My first semester was the craziest from all the college applications, grades, homework, etc. And now that it over, the last semester is just going by slow... I envy you, but more than that, I'm glad you have your senior year all "worked" out. :)
ReplyDeleteBoa K.
As senior year continues, and almost coming to an end, I too feel the relieve of not as much stress and problems with college. I incorporated my OLWN, experience, to go along with my senior year and eventually the start of college. Being on my own and away from parents, I want experience new things and not hold back.
ReplyDelete-Amanda C.
Although senior is filled with excitement, it is also filled with the agony of our future lives. We began this year with rather stressful college applications, hoping that all of our hard work during high school paid off. Now, as many have said, it is all a waiting game. Good luck to everyone!
ReplyDeleteI agree that the workload has diminished now that it is senior year. I have much more free time to do the things I enjoy and to simply relax. The late night study sessions are few and far between, and I am not swamped with multiple projects that coincidently all have the same due date like I experienced the past 3 years. However, I still find myself learning new things and expanding my mind as a student. I get more hours of sleep at night and have more energy throughout the day, which puts me in a better mood.
ReplyDeleteI just have one concern. I hope I do not become too accustomed to all of this free time that it is difficult to adjust to the immense workload I will have when college rolls around.
By Dane Johnson
It seems so ridiculous that we are actually seniors now. As cliche and trite as it may sound, it seems as though yesterday we were coming into high school as freshmen, and now there is hardly anything left of it. This break as you said is truly wonderful, however it does make it so applying ourselves once we go off to college might be slightly more difficult, but nonetheless, still a great time right now.
ReplyDeleteScott C.
I agree with you, the fact that we leave school so early is beneficial to us and gives us more time to get stuff done. I can't say I dont have a pretty big workload though, but none the less a much smaller load than most of everyone else. Senior year has been a good year and I hope these last few months only get better for all of us!
ReplyDeleteTamera A
So it has been said that senior year is the best of all 4 years in high school. Well I have been looking forward to it since I first entered Los Osos yet I never knew how stressful it would actually be. College applications, personal statements, financial aid, school work, and sooo much more just adds to the chaos. You are very lucky that you get to leave early I know that would give me so much more time to get things done and possibly focus on the FUN part of senior year.
ReplyDelete-Melissa Mejico
Its clear that everyone is always going to be under different circumstances when it comes to their workload. I have the most respect for the people who are still working their hardest in our final minutes of senior year but at times I also feel like I should be working harder as well.
ReplyDeleteRichard H.